Non-discretionary COVID-19 business grants
The District Council has so far given out over £14 million in COVID-19 business grants to businesses across the district.
These grants are for businesses who occupy premises that are eligible for Small Business Rate Relief, Rural Rate Relief or the Expanded Retail Discount Scheme.
Businesses that do not pay/are not eligible for business rates are not eligible to claim a grant.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 28 August. Any applications received after this date will not be processed/will not receive a grant.
Business grants of £10,000 & £25,000
Small Business Grant Scheme (£10,000)
This grant is available to businesses that:
- were in occupation of the premises on 11 March 2020
- were the ratepayer on 11 March 2020 and receive, or are eligible to receive, either:
- Small Business Rate Relief
- Rural Rate Relief
Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Scheme (£10,000 or £25,000)
This grant is available for businesses that:
were in occupation of the premises on 11 March 2020
- were the ratepayer on 11 March 2020
- have business premise(s) with a rateable value of less than £51,000
- are eligible for business rate relief under the Expanded Retail Discount Scheme
The grant is payable for each individually rated eligible business premise:
- If the rateable value of the business premise(s) is up to and including £15,000 the grant is £10,000.
- If the rateable value of the business premise(s) is between £15,001 and £50,999 the grant is £25,000.
- A grant is not available to any business premises with a rateable value of £51,000 or more.
How to claim a grant
Before claiming, please ensure you have the following details to hand:
Your business name (as at Companies House) if applicable
- Your business contact details
- Your company number (as at Companies House) if applicable
- Your business rates reference number (as shown on your bill)
- Business bank account number
- Business bank sort code
- Digital copy, download or scan/photo of your business bank statements showing the last three months of transactions
- Your VAT number
- Your personal contact details
To claim online, please fill in our online form. Please note, the deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 28 August. Any applications received after this date will not be processed/will not receive a grant.
More about the grants
The Small Business Grant Scheme and Retail Hospitality and Leisure Grant Scheme grants are not available for any premises that is occupied for personal use only, car parks and parking spaces. Any businesses that was in liquidation or dissolved as at 11 March 2020 is also not eligible.
To find out more about the grants and how we will process your claim, please read our handy frequently asked questions and our policy document. To find out how we will process your business data, please read our business data privacy notice.
How long will it take to process the grants?
We are working through complete claims on a first come-first served basis as quickly as we can. Our aim is to process complete grant claims as soon as possible but the amount of time each grant takes to process will depend on the level of checking/chasing we need to carry out. Once approved, actual payment of the grant could take an additional 3 days on top of the processing time to reach business bank accounts.
Where businesses do not supply all the required information their grant will be delayed, for example, if a business:
- does not supply scans/photocopies of business bank statements for the last three months
- does not provide their Companies House Number
- does not provide their VAT registration number
- does not provide their business rates reference number
- provides incorrect information, such as incorrect bank account details or business name etc
Where information is missing the processing of grant claims will be delayed and this will result in delayed payments.
If we have reason to believe a grant claim may be fraudulent, or if the grant claim needs to be investigated further, we will work with our partners at Derby City Council anti-fraud team and this will further delay any claims/payments.
South Derbyshire District Council cannot be held liable for any delay in grants reaching businesses.
If you have any questions about how to complete the form, please call our customer services team on 01283 595795. We are available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8.45am to 5pm, Wednesday 9.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.45am to 4.30pm, or email email@example.com