Get up to date at Area Forum meetings
South Derbyshire residents have a chance to find out about the latest District Council projects and police activity in their communities and to have their say about key issues at the forthcoming Area Forum meetings.
Topics including a wildflower planting pilot, changes to the Police Safer Neighbourhood teams, a dog clean-up campaign as well as crime, anti-social behaviour, community events and initiatives are all on the agenda for the next round of meetings that start at the beginning of October.
Council officers, District and County Councillors and the local police team will attend to join in discussions with residents.
Area Forums also spark ideas, conversations and provide a friendly platform to raise concerns and issues that are affecting specific areas.
Area Forum meetings all start at 6.30pm – 8pm and take place in a variety of community venues.
The next Area Forum meetings are as follows:
- Melbourne Area Forum – covering Ambaston, Aston-on-Trent, Barrow-on-Trent, Elvaston, Melbourne, Shardlow, Stanton-by-Bridge, Swarkestone, Thulston and Weston-on-Trent on Wednesday, October 2 at Barrow upon Trent Village Hall.
- Swadlincote Area Forum - covering Church Gresley, Goseley, Hartshorne Village, Swadlincote and Woodville on Tuesday, October 8 at Sharpe’s Pottery Museum.
- Linton Area Forum - covering Castle Gresley, Catton, Cauldwell, Coton-in-the-Elms, Drakelow, Linton, Lullington, Netherseal, Overseal, Rosliston and Walton-on-Trent. Tuesday, October 22 at Netherseal Village Hall.
- Newhall Area Forum - covering Midway, Newhall and Stanton. Wednesday, October 23 at Stanton Village Hall.
- Etwall Area Forum – covering Ash, Barton Blount, Bearwardcote, Burnaston, Church Broughton, Dalbury Lees, Egginton, Etwall, Foston & Scropton, Hatton, Hilton, Hoon, Marston-on-Dove, Osleston & Thurvaston, Radbourne, Sutton-on-the-Hill and Trusley. Thursday, October 24 at Hilton Village Hall.
- Repton Area Forum - covering Bretby, Calke, Findern, Foremark, Ingleby, Newton Solney, Repton (including hamlet of Milton), Smisby, Stenson Fields, Ticknall, Twyford & Stenson and Willington. Thursday, November 7 at Milton Village Hall.
Cllr Martyn Ford, Leader of South Derbyshire District Council said:
“We’re inviting residents to get involved with the Area Forums and collectively address local issues and concerns. It’s also a chance to share positive feedback about all of the great things that are happening in their communities. We want these Area Forums to allow people to become actively involved in their community by connecting with other people – enabling them to share ideas and thoughts.
“This is an excellent platform for the community to speak to council officers, district and county councillors and the local police team – all in one place.
“Just like our previous sessions, we hope that this round of Area Forum meetings sparks a real sense of community spirit and reassurance to the District.”
16 September 2019