Open or closed, keep trading with your Customers with ShopAppy
As part of our COVID-19 business support, South Derbyshire District Council and Derbyshire County Council have partnered with national brand ShopAppy to create online ‘towns’ so that businesses can promote themselves and trade securely online.
And the best bit for local businesses - it is free* to participate for the first 12 months of the scheme! Whether you are a shop, market stall, hairdresser, beautician, taxi company, pub, café, insurance broker, or something else – ShopAppy can help you advertise and reach more customers. ShopAppy.com is a website which allows local businesses to display their goods and services, and offer online purchasing or booking with options for customers to click and collect or get goods delivered to their door.
So what will you get for free?
Your own online shop complete with:
- a picture of your premises (preferably with you outside!)
- a brief description of your business
- your opening times
- your address and contact details (telephone, email)
- a map to show your location
- a secure payment system backed by VISA to sell your products (*there is a small charge made to the business for each transaction - this payment processing charge is currently 2%). If you already have your own online shop, ShopAppy will link to straight to it, so you don’t have to manage two shops
- click-and-collect or home delivery options
- a messaging service so customers can contact you
- links to your own website and social media
- access to posters and marketing materials, and
- the first businesses to sign up will also receive a welcome kit including paper bags with your logo on one side and ShopAppy on the other, and posters to promote your online presence to customers visiting your business.
The ShopAppy team are providing training and ongoing support at no charge to help you get the best results. There will also be a marketing campaign by Derbyshire County Council, South Derbyshire District Council and ShopAppy to promote the scheme to the public and support you.
Sounds too good to be true? How will you know until you give it a try? Join up early so that you can benefit from the full year’s offer by contacting ShopAppy – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ShopAppy was created four years ago to provide an alternative way for places and small businesses to compete with online retail giants, allowing customers to book events and experiences as well as browse and buy local products online with click and collect after hours and home delivery. ShopAppy has already launched in 150 towns in the UK, why not have a look: www.shopappy.com/kendal
Funding from Derbyshire County Council means that ShopAppy is now being launched in towns across Derbyshire. ShopAppy is also being supported by South Derbyshire District Council, South Derbyshire Business Advice Service and Swadlincote Tourist Information Centre.