Change of address

It is important that you tell us when you move from one property to another or if someone moves in with you or leaves the property, either within South Derbyshire or to and from it.

This is because the amount payable at each property is not always the same and if you receive or are entitled to Council Tax reduction, a discount or exemption, we may pay you too much or not enough.

If you don’t let us know and we find out later you may miss out on a refund or owe us money.

We prefer to be notified within 21 days of moving in or out, particularly if moving to a new build so we can advise our refuse team to begin bin collections.

Report a change of address