Answers to most of your questions and ways to apply, report and pay for services are available on this website. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, contact us using one of the methods listed below.
If you cannot find the service you need on our website, you can contact us using our online form.
Alternatively, you can email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our telephone number is 01283 595795.
Our telephone lines are open Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8.45am and 5pm, Wednesdays between 9.30am and 5pm and Fridays between 8.45am and 4.30pm. We are closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
We do not offer out of hours support for general/non-urgent enquiries in the evenings or weekends. If your enquiry is not urgent, please call back on the next working day.
SignLive for British Sign Language users
We are proud to have partnered with SignLive that offers an interpretation service for users of British Sign Language (BSL). To contact us using SignLive, visit the SignLive website to find out how to call us with the aid of a fully trained BSL interpreter for free.
Customers can also contact us via the TypeTalk/Text Relay operator. Find out more.
Emergency support and dropping off documents
Our offices are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you need to access our emergency phone, or if you need to drop off some documents/evidence, you can do so by visiting our offices.
You can drop evidence off using the post box to the right of our front doors. Please ensure you place your documents in an envelope and mark them with your details/any appropriate reference number - for example your council tax reference.
If you need to access our emergency phone, you can visit our Kiosk Room, which can be accessed via our bus station entrance (from the rear of the building). This is open: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays between 8.45am and 5pm, Wednesdays between 9.30am and 5pm and Fridays between 8.45am and 4.30pm (Excluding bank holidays and public holidays).
Our offices are located at:
South Derbyshire District Council
Out of hours support for urgent enquiries only
We only offer out of hours support for emergencies, including support for people who are homeless tonight, emergency council house repairs, or emergency issues relating to council property that are a threat to life or property.
- If you are calling out of hours and are concerned about being homelessness tonight, please contact Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190.
- If you are calling out of hours and need to report an emergency council house repair or an emergency issue, please call 01283 221225.
We encourage all customers to raise service requests via our online contact form, or via phone or email (as detailed above). This helps to makes sure we capture all the information we need to help you as quickly and effectively as we can:
The social media team at South Derbyshire District Council are responsible for several different social media accounts on a variety of platforms.
We’re happy to help you in any way that we can and look forward to seeing your views and feedback. We do however expect our users to offer us the same level of courtesy that we offer them, so we have a short set of house rules:
- Be civil, tasteful and relevant.
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive.
- Do not swear.
- Do not post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once (also called "spamming").
- Do not publicise your, or anyone else's, personal information, such as contact details.
- Do not advertise products or services.
- Do not impersonate someone else.
Anyone repeatedly engaging with us using content or language which falls into the above categories will be blocked and/or reported to the associated social media platform.
Responding to users
- We’ll do our best to respond to your enquiries within two working days, but in most cases, it will be within a few hours.
- For service requests it is likely we will ask you to contact the team or department directly via other methods, such as phone or email.
- Our working hours are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays between 8.45am and 5pm, Wednesdays between 9.30am and 5pm and Fridays between 8.45am and 4.30pm (Excluding bank holidays and public holidays). We’ll deal with enquiries sent outside of this time as soon as possible when working hours resume.