By working with others and supporting the voluntary sector, South Derbyshire continues to achieve more with less. Partners with whom we work include:
- Active Nation - Active Nation manages the Green Bank Leisure Centre in Swadlincote and Etwall Leisure Centre in partnership with the Council.
- Citizens Advice - We help to fund Citizens Advice so that it can continue providing vital support and advice on issues such as employment and debt.
- Derbyshire County Council - Both organisations join forces on a wide range of projects, including driving down waste, tackling inequality and improving community infrastructure.
- Active Derbyshire - Our joint aim, in conjunction with Active South Derbyshire, is to increase the number of people taking part in sport and physical activity.
- Healthier South Derbyshire - All you need to know about health and wellbeing in South Derbyshire. You can also find details of activities to enjoy in our Things to do and places to visit section.
- Safer South Derbyshire Partnership - The Community Safety Partnership brings together agencies to reduce and prevent incidents of crime and anti-social behaviour in the District.
- South Derbyshire CVS - South Derbyshire CVS chairs the Strategic Volunteering Partnership to support all forms of volunteering in South Derbyshire.
- The National Forest Company - The National Forest Company is a co-sponsor with Rolls-Royce of the Environmental Education Project, which works to develop knowledge, respect and understanding of the environment. It also supports events, forest creation and walking schemes.
- South Derbyshire Partnership - This public, private and voluntary sector comes together to deliver the Sustainable Community Strategy (pdf, 522kb), which aims to improve the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of South Derbyshire.
- The Forestry Commission - We jointly own Rosliston Forestry Centre in partnership with The Forestry Commission.
Other partnerships we work in conjunction with include:
- Aurora Country Developments Ltd
- Central Midlands Audit Partnership
- D2N2 Better Business Regulation Partnership
- Derbyshire Constabulary
- Local Energy Area Partnership
- Melbourne Sporting Partnership
- The National Lottery
- Parish councils
- People Express
- Public Health England
- South Derbyshire School Sports Partnership
- Sport England