Answers to most of your questions and ways to apply, report and pay for services are available on this website. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, contact us using one of the methods listed below.
If you cannot find the service you need on our website, you can contact us using our online form.
Alternatively, you can email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our telephone number is 01283 595795.
Our telephone lines are open Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8.45am and 5pm, Wednesdays between 10am and 5pm and Fridays between 8.45am and 4pm.
We are closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
We do not offer out of hours support for general/non-urgent enquiries in the evenings or weekends.
If your enquiry is not urgent, please call back on the next working day or visit www.southderbyshire.gov.uk.
Out of hours support for urgent enquiries only
We only offer out of hours support for emergencies, including support for people who are homeless tonight, emergency council house repairs, or emergency issues relating to council property that are a threat to life or property.
- If you are calling out of hours and are concerned about being homelessness tonight, please contact Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190.
- If you are calling out of hours and need to report an emergency council house repair or an emergency issue, please call 01283 221225.
If you need to visit us, our offices are located at:
South Derbyshire District Council
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday between 8.45am and 5pm
Wednesday between 9.30am and 5pm
Friday between 8.45am and 4.30pm
(Excluding bank holidays and public holidays)
Social Media House Rules
The social media team at South Derbyshire District Council are responsible for several different social media accounts on a variety of platforms.
We’re happy to help you in any way that we can and look forward to seeing your views and feedback. We do however expect our users to offer us the same level of courtesy that we offer them, so we have a short set of house rules:
- Be civil, tasteful and relevant.
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive.
- Do not swear.
- Do not post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once (also called "spamming").
- Do not publicise your, or anyone else's, personal information, such as contact details.
- Do not advertise products or services.
- Do not impersonate someone else.
Anyone repeatedly engaging with us using content or language which falls into the above categories will be blocked and/or reported to the associated social media platform.
Responding to users
- We’ll do our best to respond to your enquiries within two working days, but in most cases, it will be within a few hours.
- We’ll try to help you, or direct you to people and/or departments who can, wherever possible.
- Our working hours are 8.00 – 16.00 Monday to Friday. We’ll deal with enquiries sent outside of this time as soon as possible when working hours resume.