Benefits support

For support with benefits, please email our council tax team on or call our customer services team on 01283 595795 if you have any queries. We are available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8.45am to 5pm, Wednesday 9.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.45am to 4.30pm.

If you are of working age and need to apply for a working-age benefit (including child tax credit, housing benefit, income support, income-based jobseeker’s allowance (JSA), income-related employment & support allowance (ESA) and working tax credit) you will need to apply for Universal Credit.   

Dropping off documents: If you need to drop off documents for the housing benefits team, please ensure they are in an envelope/sealed bag clearly marked with the following information: 

  • Your name
  • Your current address
  • And if you know it, your claim reference number

Please then post your documents into our letterbox by the main entrance.

Returning your documents: We will return your documents to you soon as possible by recorded delivery.