Report works or activity

We are currently receiving a high number of planning applications which is resulting in delays to our usual response times.  We are determining applications and responding to enquiries in the order they are received. We will respond as soon as possible.

Development that takes place without the necessary planning permission or consent, or is in breach of conditions attached to planning permission, may be the subject of enforcement action.

You can find out if the works or activity already has planning permission by viewing the map below.

Complaints will be investigated in accordance with our Local Enforcement Plan. (pdf, 143kb)

Depending on the nature of the breach, we may respond by serving an enforcement notice or taking proceedings in the Magistrates' Court. More information about planning enforcement is available on the GOV.UK website.

Some works and uses are 'permitted development' and are not subject to our control. Officers are unable to give answers to the question of whether a breach of planning control is occurring unless a complaint is logged.

If you wish to complain about works that are not permitted development and for which no planning permission has been granted, click on the green button below. You can also use this form to report a suspected breach of a condition attached to a planning permission or the untidy condition of land.

Report an unauthorised development
A list of cases where an enforcement notice has been issued can be viewed on our Planning Enforcement Register.

Planning permissions in South Derbyshire