Candidates standing in South Derbyshire District Council by-elections on Thursday 6 May
Candidates standing in South Derbyshire District Council by-elections
Residents living in Church Gresley, Hilton and Seales wards will have the opportunity to vote for councillors to represent them in by-elections which will be held on Thursday 6 May.
Candidates standing in the elections are:
Church Gresley ward (one vacancy)
- Roger Redfern (CON)
- Sue Taylor (LAB)
Hilton ward (two vacancies)
- Grahame Warwick Andrew (LD)
- Alan Wayne Graves (REF)
- Gillian Lemmon (CON)
- David Henry Peacock (LAB)
- Peter Henry Smith (CON)
- Maureen Timmins (LAB)
Seales ward (one vacancy)
- Simon David Ackroyd (CON)
- Steven Frost (LAB)
Each of the candidates elected in the South Derbyshire District Council by-elections held on Thursday 6 May will serve as councillors until the next District Council elections in 2023. They will serve in addition to the existing councillors who were elected in 2019:
- Councillor Gordon Rhind (LAB) and Councillor Trevor Southerd (LAB) in Church Gresley ward
- Councillor Julie Patten (CON) in Hilton ward
- Councillor Amy Wheelton (not representing a political group) in Seales ward
Polling stations will be open from 7am to 10pm on Thursday 6 May.
There may be queues at the polling stations as everyone voting in person will be asked to maintain social distancing measures including:
- To wear a face covering at all times unless medically exempt
- To bring along a pen or pencil to vote
- To remain two metres apart from other people at all times.
South Derbyshire District Council provides services to residents including: bin collections, street cleaning, maintaining award-winning parks and open spaces, environmental protection, housing customer services including revenues and benefits, economic development, markets, town centre events and tourism.
4 May 2021