It is important to contact the register office of your choice as soon as you have decided on a date. The General Register Office (GRO) covers where you can get married and other legal requirements as well as what to do if you discover an error on your marriage certificate. 

If you need a copy of your marriage certificate, it can be ordered online or through the register office or religious building where the marriage took place. The General Register Office holds a central copy of all registrations for England and Wales. Local register offices also hold records of events registered in their area.

Registration of marriages/civil partnerships

Staff at the register office will make a provisional booking and discuss the legal requirements that must be complied with before you can marry. Staff can also provide details of venues within South Derbyshire which include the register office in Swadlincote and the Town Hall on the Delph. You can also search for a registered venue using the GOV.UK website.

Swadlincote Registration Office
Civic Offices 
Civic Way 
DE11 0AH

Telephone: 01629 533985

Opening times: Monday to Friday between 9am and 2pm

This service is strictly by appointment only