Supported housing schemes consist of flats, bedsits and bungalows which:
- have the services of a Careline Support Coordinator who does not live on site
- have an Alarm system that the tenant can Opt into at a cost of £3.00 per week or Opt out of if wishes to do so, if Opted into the service enables Tenants and the careline team to speak to each other
- have their own private facilities
- have the opportunity to sign up for a Careline Support Co-Ordinator well being Visit as part of the Independent Living Service provided by Careline
- are unfurnished so you can bring your own furniture with you
Who is supported housing for?
Supported housing is designed for people who:
- are of pensionable age
- are nearing pensionable age and whose circumstances would benefit from the services offered within sheltered housing
- are able to live independently but would benefit from the services provided by the scheme.
Tenants in sheltered housing do not have the right to buy, but otherwise do enjoy all the normal rights of a secure tenant.