Permits are issued to premises that either offer very low-stakes and prize gambling or premises whose primary function is not the provision of gambling facilities.
Premises eligible to apply to licensing authorities for permits are:
- Unlicensed family entertainment centres
- Alcohol licensed premises (under the Licensing Act 2003)
- Clubs (commercial and non commercial)
- Premises offering commercial prize gambling.
We issue the following types of permit:
- Unlicensed family entertainment centre gaming machine permits
- Prize gaming permits
- Licensed premises gaming machine permits
- Club gaming permits and club machine permits.
There are no annual fees for unlicensed family entertainment centre permits and prize gaming permits. Alcohol licensed premises and club gaming/machine permits require payment of an annual fee. Application forms can be found to the right of the page.