Apply for planning permission
As part of the council’s drive to ensure that applications are determined within their statutory timeframes with no extensions of time new processes and validation requirements are being implemented. A report (pdf, 116kb)was approved at the Council’s Environment and Development Services Committee in August 2022. This report sets out the steps taken to streamline the validation process and allow agents to apply to be on a published list of approved agents, unless they request that their details are not made public in this way. To apply to be on this list please send an email to email@example.com with your request. Please make clear in this request that you are content for your details to be made public.
The council has a statutory duty to determine applications in a timely manner and to allow for this applicants and agents have a duty to prepare quality applications that provide all the information required to determine applications. To assist in this the council has produced validation sheets which identify the documents needed to accompany an application and these can be found below:
- Householder application for works or extension to a dwelling (docx, 17kb)
- Full application (non major) (docx, 22kb)
- Full application (major) (docx, 24kb)
- Outline application with some matters reserved (docx, 18kb)
- Reserved matters application (docx, 16kb)
- Advertisement consent (docx, 16kb)
- Certificates of existing and proposed use/development (docx, 16kb)
- Listed building consent (docx, 18kb)
- Non-material amendment application (docx, 15kb)
- Planning permission in principle application (docx, 15kb)
- Removal / variation of condition application (docx, 16kb)
- Prior approval application for proposed demolition (docx, 16kb)
- Prior approval application for proposed development (docx, 17kb)
- Works to trees (docx, 15kb)
The Planning Portal helps you through the application process and lets you create and attach a professional quality site location plan by downloading appropriate Ordnance Survey maps. It even calculates the correct planning application fees, which you can pay online.
When complete, your application and site map can be printed and mailed or sent to our Planning department electronically. You will then be able to track the progress of your application online throughout the process.
If you do not want to apply online, you can download the relevant paper forms - the Planning Portal will help you choose the right forms. Some consent types cannot be applied for online - paper forms can be obtained for these.