Melbourne Neighbourhood Development Plan
We are currently receiving a high number of planning applications which is resulting in delays to our usual response times. We are determining applications and responding to enquiries in the order they are received. We will respond as soon as possible.
The Melbourne Neighbourhood Development Plan 2016 - 2028 has been ‘made’ and now forms part of the Development Plan for South Derbyshire.
On 7 July 2022, South Derbyshire District Council ‘made’ (adopted) the Melbourne Neighbourhood Plan; it now forms part of the Development Plan for South Derbyshire District and will be used in determining planning applications within the Parish. The Melbourne Neighbourhood Plan and Final Decision Statement can be viewed below.
Alternatively, hard copies of the Plan and Final Decision Statement can be viewed at the Council Offices and at Swadlincote and Melbourne public libraries during usual opening times.
Melbourne Neighbourhood Plan (pdf, 955kb)
Final Decision Statement (pdf, 193kb)
The Melbourne Neighbourhood Plan was adopted following a successful referendum; details of the result are set out below and in the Final Decision Statement. The referendum was held on 7 July 2022, met the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and was held in the parish of Melbourne. The referendum posed the following question:
“Do you want South Derbyshire District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Melbourne to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The result of the referendum was:
- 663 voted in favour
- 95 voted against
- 18.44% turnout
The Melbourne Neighbourhood Plan was independently examined by Derek Stebbing in 2022 and, subject to some modifications, it was recommended that the Plan proceed to referendum.
Other supporting documents:
- Melbourne Neighbourhood Development Plan 2016-2028 - Submission Draft (pdf, 597kb) (pdf, 597kb)
- Basic Conditions Statement (March 2021) (pdf, 90kb)(pdf, 90kb)
- Consultation Statement (pdf, 110kb) (pdf, 110kb)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitat Regulations Assessment Screening Determination (pdf, 1.7mb) (pdf, 1.7mb)
- Regulation 16 Consultation Responses (pdf, 11.7mb)
- Application for Designated Area (pdf, 122kb)
- Melbourne Designated Area Application (pdf, 8kb)
- Melbourne Parish Map (pdf, 2.5mb)
- Melbourne PC Application for Designation (pdf, 54kb)
For further information regarding the Melbourne Neighbourhood Development Plan, visit Melbourne Parish Council’s website.