Melbourne Neighbourhood Development Plan
Following Melbourne Parish Council’s submission of the draft Melbourne Neighbourhood Development Plan to the Council for publication, the Plan has now proceeded to examination. The Examiner will determine whether the Neighbourhood Plan can proceed to referendum, and whether any modifications to the Plan are required.
The Plan is being independently examined by Derek Stebbing B.A. (Hons), Dip. E.P., MRTPI. The examiner confirmed receipt of the complete submission of the Plan in his letter dated 21 December 2021. The letter included seven questions for Melbourne Parish Council, two of which were also for consideration by the District Council. The Council has replied to the examiner in the letter (docx, 159kb) dated 21 January 2022.
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, South Derbyshire District Council publicised the Plan and invited comments from organisations and individuals. The consultation ran for six weeks, closing on Friday 19 November 2021. A copy of the responses made to that consultation are available on this webpage.
The ‘Regulation 14’ consultation was carried out on an earlier draft of the Plan from 20 May to 2 July 2019 by Melbourne Parish Council.
Comments made to the Parish Council through that consultation helped to inform changes to the Plan that has now proceeded to examination.
The Melbourne Neighbourhood Development Plan proposes a variety of policies including on housing, green spaces, parking and employment.
Melbourne’s submitted Plan and accompanying documents are available to view below:
- Melbourne Neighbourhood Development Plan 2016-2028 - Submission Draft (pdf, 597kb)
- Basic Conditions Statement (March 2021) (pdf, 90kb)
- Consultation Statement (pdf, 110kb)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitat Regulations Assessment Screening Determination (pdf, 1.7mb)
- Regulation 16 Consultation Responses (pdf, 11.7mb)
For further information regarding the Melbourne Neighbourhood Development Plan, visit Melbourne Parish Council’s website.
Add link to consultation responses here
- Application for Designated Area (pdf, 122kb)
- Melbourne Designated Area Application (pdf, 8kb)
- Melbourne Parish Map (pdf, 2.5mb)
- Melbourne PC Application for Designation (pdf, 54kb)