If you are looking to expand your workplace or create a new development requiring planning permission, it may require a travel plan.
Help is available to encourage use of travel options such as walking, cycling, public transport and car sharing. These promote a healthier workforce, provide better access to jobs, ease car parking at your premises, help decrease congestion and improve the environment by reducing carbon emissions. Initiatives include:
- Carshare Derbyshire - Car sharing can save money, improve mental health and help reduce congestion and CO2 emissions.
- Swadlincote Cycle Hub - Green Bank Leisure Centre has bike storage containers available and you can use shower and changing facilities on site for free before heading to work. Further information is available by telephoning 01283 216269.
- Cyclescheme enables your employees to get bikes and accessories tax-free, halving the usual cost (on average). It's completely free to join and easy to manage online.
- Bus timetables or traveline will help you plan your route.
- Wheels to Work - If you’re over 16 and live in South Derbyshire you may be eligible to loan a moped or get a £50 voucher towards a bicycle.
To find out more, contact the Sustainable Travel Team at Derbyshire County Council by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01629 538192.