Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO)
A Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) is a control measure created by the 2014 Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act. The orders deal with specific nuisances or problems in a defined area that are “detrimental to the community’s quality of life”.
We have introduced an order making the registered driver of a road vehicle legally responsible for any items of litter thrown from it, and another to control the consumption of alcohol in Eureka Park, Swadlincote.
Three of our orders relate to controls on dogs in parks and open spaces.
A further PSPO was created to control anti-social behaviour in Swadlincote town centre as well as to prevent fly tipping near to the A38.
PSPOs in South Derbyshire:
- Swadlincote Town Centre PSPO (pdf, 116kb)
- Staker Lane PSPO (pdf, 91kb)
- Eureka Park (alcohol consumption) PSPO (pdf, 115kb)
- Littering from Vehicles PSPO (pdf, 55kb)
- Dog Fouling PSPO (pdf, 66kb)
- Dogs on Leads PSPO (pdf, 1.3mb)
- Dog Exclusion PSPO (pdf, 817kb)
Contact us to report anyone who is thought to be breaching a PSPO.