Safer Neighbourhoods and Area Forums
The Safer Neighbourhood Scheme is run by the Safer South Derbyshire Partnership. It aims to ensure that public concerns relating to crime and disorder issues are recognised and acted upon by providing specific work in dedicated geographical areas.
You can check to see which Safer Neighbourhood Area you live in by visiting POLICE.UK, clicking on the Find Your Neighbourhood button and entering your postcode.
We hold four meetings a year in the six areas below, with organisations like the police and Council attending. Members of the public are welcome.
- North West Area 1: Etwall, Hilton, Hatton, Burnaston, Egginton, Foston, Scropton, Church Broughton
- Mercia Area 2: Willington, Findern, Repton, Newton Solney, Twyford, Bretby, Stenson Fields, Ticknall, Smisby
- North East Area 3: Melbourne, Aston-on-Trent, Weston-on-Trent, Shardlow, Thulston, Elvaston, Barrow-on-Trent
- Central Area 4: Swadlincote, Woodville, Church Gresley, Hartshorne
- Newhall and Midway Area 5: Newhall, Midway, Stanton
- South Area 6: Overseal, Linton, Netherseal, Coton-in-the-Elms, Castle Gresley, Walton-on-Trent, Lullington, Rosliston, Drakelow
Due to the Covid pandemic the Area Forums will be taking place virtually for the foreseeable future. If you would like to attend any of the meetings please email us at email@example.com for more details.
Safer Neighbourhood funding
The Safer Neighbourhood Fund is a small grants programme available to neighbourhood groups. It gives local people a chance to develop projects to make their own community safer.
Local people are crucial to the development of safer neighbourhoods and the Safer South Derbyshire Partnership encourages projects that will help reduce crime and the fear of crime in our communities.
The Safer Neighbourhood Fund for the whole of South Derbyshire is £24,000 per year, which equates to £4,000 per neighbourhood area. The maximum grant one project can apply for is £2,500. Projects requesting an amount of more than £500 will require match funding.